What's the Deal?!!!!

LMAO..........are you saying that you don't want to keep the pair you bought for yourself?

I'd love to say "send them" but.......
1; I have a tight budget, so keeping priorities is essential (like acoustic treatment first)
2; I don't need to have a divorce on my hands :D
3; $137US equates to approx $270 Aust.........considering it would cost me (recommended retail) $398 for the Behringers or $358 for the other imports, subtract the usual 20 to 25% I get off that and .......mmmmmm, interesting. Behringers=$318, other importers ECM8000 = $286 a pair.

Guess that settles that.

ChrisO :cool:

are you saying that you don't want to keep the pair you bought for yourself?

Nope. I bought extra pairs.

I didn't quite follow your math/rational equasion. What does that mean you want to do? I'll settle for a good picture of Kim Hunter! :D

Sorry if I confused you......... I was kind of typing as I did the calculations, based on a pair of mics.
In Aust. almost every new item has to have a "Recommended Retail Price" (RRP), which is designated by the manufacturer (or importer) and which is usually the maximum price. Music stores regularly sell stuff for the RRP less 20%--25%.
For some reason, the Behringer importers here priced the ECM8000 at $199 Aust. ($98 US) each, hence my original interest in buying from the US. As I said I have found another ECM clone marginally cheaper but still not cheap enough.

The cost of the mics in the US, even allowing for currency conversion, is attractive, BUT once shipping is factored in, it would appear that the cost to import is only slightly less than buying the "non behringer" mics locally. Unfortunately it just doesn't make the exercise worthwhile in this case.

BTW, who is Kim Hunter?

:cool:

Ok, gotcha.
Kim Hunter is just (imho) the sexiest aussie strawberry blonde babe I've ever heard or seen. I think she was married to Rod Stewart for a while.

Who wants a pair of these mics for $70 + shipping? :cool:

Ahha, actually you are thinking of Rachel Hunter, Rod Stewarts ex.

Anyways, she's a Kiwi (New Zealander), so she isn't THAT sexy. lol.

:cool:

Back