What's the best vintage tube plugin? $$5

I'd think it'd be hard to find a good plug in that would actually sound as good as tubes. I guess it's possible though. Depending on how much you want to pay. Check sweetwater dot com or google around and you should be able to find something. Sweetwater has tons of plug ins.

Zeke

You might be on to something, there, Terra.

Assuming the plugins came on a CD-ROM, I suppose you could build a tube in to the box that the CD came in.

Another possibility would be to include a dedicated PCI card, similar to the UAD-1 plugins. That way, you could put a glowing tube on the card. You'd pretty much have to put it in the top slot, for obvious reasons I suppose.

I know exactly how you feel though, as I've been looking for a tube operating system for the longest time now, and unfortunately Microsoft Windows has gone all digital on me.

I've been looking all over for a plugin with some tubes in it! PLEEEZ HElP!
Plugs do not have tubes in them, tubes have plugs in them.

Anything that plugs in does not necessarily require a tube to work, but anything with a tube definitely requires being plugged to work.

You're looking for the wrong end of the donkey, eh?

G.

I'd think it'd be hard to find a good plug in that would actually sound as good as tubes. I guess it's possible though. Depending on how much you want to pay. Check sweetwater dot com or google around and you should be able to find something. Sweetwater has tons of plug ins.

Zeke

Haha, whoosh.

Daisy said:
...unfortunately Microsoft Windows has gone all digital on me.

Have you tried switching to classic mode?

Anyways, I think linux is all-tube. Thing is, it's only compatible with all tube motherboards...you know, the ones that have a tube in place of where the CPU should go. You get some incredbile warmth from it though. Which means you'd probably also need to invest in some liquid cooling. And you have be dead careful about the tubes going microphonic. The last thing you want is a feedback loop running through your computer. You could fry the thing.

You're looking for the wrong end of the donkey, eh?

Oh. Which end of a donkey are you supposed to plug the tubes into? I'm worried I may have screwed up. There I was thinking I had a pretty good arsenal of tube driven farmyard animals, and now I'm worried that I haven't plugged them in properly. :eek:

He wants a tube emulation plug in

I use the Nomad Factory Analog TrackBox - works well mate
PSP Mixpack has the Vintage Warmer - also nice

He wants a tube emulation plug in

I use the Nomad Factory Analog TrackBox - works well mate
PSP Mixpack has the Vintage Warmer - also nice

Just for the record MixPack doesn't include Vintage Warmer, and Vintage Warmer doesn't sound anything like tubes anyway.

Tube Plugs are designed to fit multiple tube gauges and provide a secure fit. Tube plugs include multiple horizontal ribs designed with built-in flexibility for easy installation and secure fit. Tube plugs are durable & easy to remove without tools, just pull the tab to release the plug.

Who's this spammer?

haha, i don't get this kind of stuff. it's not selling anything, just posting some random crap. i really don't understand the point of it.

Back