What's the best vintage tube compressor for $5.98 plus tax?

Its the Ultra Pro Vintage Tube Compressor I think, but you have to order like 440,000qty of them to get that price.

Still I've read its not really a "tube" compressor, its a simulated tube.
Its actually a christmas tree light bulb that lights up to simulate a glowing tube...someone posted. The christmas tree light isn't even in the audio circuit either..just 2nd hand info..

IMO,

You should really decide for yourself, just order 440,000qty of them, try one.

..if you don't like it return them in 30days.

Is it the vintage tube british valvestate warmsexer beatlzizer mark II? I think it's made by the geniuses over at Funk Logic, what do you think?

I think I'll stick christmas lights in the signal path between mic pre and converter to see if I get that warm Christmas feeling.

you might be able to make one with a light bulb, or series of light bulbs, some sort of input stage and some sort of tube output stage for 5.98 in parts...

...yeah, but otherwise +1 on:

These kinds of posts are as worn out as the posts they are making fun of....

Looks like we're going to have to start threads mocking the threads that mock really simple question threads :eek:

:D

I think I'll stick christmas lights in the signal path between mic pre and converter to see if I get that warm Christmas feeling.
Well, if you really want to get technical about it................
any opto-compressor has a light in the signal path....
really, it does.

Well, if you really want to get technical about it................
any opto-compressor has a light in the signal path....
really, it does.

This is true - but I don't think the audio sent into it (to vary the light output) then gets routed elsewhere. Not sure what the overall effect of the filament would be on an audio signal, apart perhaps from a bit of attenuation due to the energy thrown off by the filament lighting up / emitting heat.

If you are going to run your signal through a light bulb, at least try and get a 1000 watt par bulb or something. If you want that big wide sound, get a wide par lamp. For a cleaner more natural sound get a narrow. If you want a bright sound get something like an ACL. For a more flashy sound go with a strobe.

If you are going to run your signal through a light bulb, at least try and get a 1000 watt par bulb or something. If you want that big wide sound, get a wide par lamp. For a cleaner more natural sound get a narrow. If you want a bright sound get something like an ACL. For a more flashy sound go with a strobe.

Its times like these when I wish we still had signatures :D

If you buy a box of toilet rolls save the cardboard centres once used, stick them together so you have a long tube (there are other ways of doing this though). Send your sound in one end by sticking it in front of a speaker, and mic at the other end. Hit play/record and you will end up with a compressed sound, can be a little boxy sounding but that's the colour you get when using this technique.......I then give the toilet rolls to my kids and they make telescopes out of them:p:D

yes this would work and be under $5.98....cool
tubes..

off topic of tubes,

but here's some wall treatments for less than $5.98...

those plastic bags you get from the grocery store, keep them.:cool:

I often use one bag for the "holder bag" then as I make trips to the grocery store, I stuff these plastic bags into the "holder bag"...I get one large bloated plastic bag full of scrunched up plastic bags.

What I found thats amazing is as the bag bloats from being full, the shape of the bag deflects sound molecules due to its deformed shape!

And better yet, this bloated bag of plastic bags also absorbs sound somewhat. (Test was: I yelled into the plastic bag and a reduction of sound maybe 6db, of my voice was reduced= absorbed!!)

Right now I am stapling the plastic grocvery store bags to my wall to see the effect of various placements.

Keeping the bags around is also handy! If I need to pickup dogshit from my yard, there's a bunch of plastic bags, around. frkn great man...

Anyway back to the Tube Compressor...what kind of toilet paper has the best Tubes?

Anyway back to the Tube Compressor...what kind of toilet paper has the best Tubes?
BTW- the technical term for these tubes is Due-dee-dues... (from the imaginary horn sound frequently emitted while in the hands of a small child).

Back