Whats the best headphones under $50

truth_lyricist

Im on a $50 budget for headphones. Whats the best I can get for $50! I dont really know alot about headphones so i'd apprechiate it greatly if yall could help me out.

Reactions: SRR
Hi,
mmmm......for that price?.......any of the MDR series by Sony....? (at the $50 end ofcourse!)
Regards,

moreme moreme moreme

Can't beat the price vs durability vs warranty

My wife prefers them to our AKG 44s for tracking. For mixing I prefer monitors.

SRR said:
moreme moreme moreme

Can't beat the price vs durability vs warranty

My wife prefers them to our AKG 44s for tracking. For mixing I prefer monitors.

I was thinkin about getting some monitors as well whats any good ones under $150?

truth_lyricist said:

better yet, no.

umm, POS's..

yeah they are 'studio monitors' for $20 a piece and rated at 1000 watts.

i know alot of studios are doing the whole, try-to-kill-the-engineer thing, 1000 watts for mixing is nothing these days..

i use NS-10m's which are rated at 25 watts a piece. i had a hard time finding a decent amp that was SMALL enough for them..

are you a troll? no accusations, just a question.

TragikRemix said:
better yet, no.

umm, POS's..

i know alot of studios are doing the whole, try-to-kill-the-engineer thing, 1000 watts for mixing is nothing these days..

i use NS-10m's which are rated at 25 watts a piece. i had a hard time finding a decent amp that was SMALL enough for them..

RRP $399 :eek:

TragikRemix said:
better yet, no.

umm, POS's..

Whats a troll? I'm trying to build up my home studio on a budget dats what im trying to do...

ok, here's my best shot at this..

there's no problem building a studio on a budget, but your budget might have to be a little higher.

if you can't afford it now, stash some money away and add to it every now and then, and save up for decency.

it's not worth buying crap just to 'get started', because then what? as you replace it, you kick yourself in the ass and say 'why did i waste the money on this crap'..

i'm telling you, thats what happens!

geez, if anything, apply for a musicians friend platinum card. 12 months no interest on orders over $500. it works out well, if you keep up with it. send $50 a month, $100 on a good month, and things start to work out.

of course, if you get into debt with them and can't pay it off in 12 months, just return it, because the interest rate is like 28%..

also, ebay and craigslist can provide some good deals. they can also give you some garbage deals, which you might jump on becuase you arent sure of the true value of some things. do your research.

For low-cost headphones, I'd recommend these - especially if you need more than one :

http://www.bswusa.com/proditem.asp?item=HD202PKG

Very comfortable, well-balanced, they come with a looooong cord, and they're very well made. I bought one of these 5-packs over a year ago to replave a bunch of beat-up Koss headphones for tracking, and have had great results, even after being dropped several times (damn drummers!). ;)

I have two pair of Sony MDR-V150 headphones ($20, Wal-Mart), and so does timboz. Very good sound, even for 5x the price. I've gotten good enough with them to rough in a mix.

Back