What's that song/band that got you into playing your instrument of choice?

Ha ha, I forgot about that one. Even though I was in a band that played Kiss at the time, I thought that was so cheesy it was signalling the beginning of the end of them as rockers. Also wondered why they chose that song. You'd think by now they of all people would have come up with a halloween-themed song.
They did 3 songs, Detroit Rock City, Beth, and King of the Nighttime World. All from the Destroyer album that came out a few months before. Those were the releases off that album.

Ace's last stand ... I hadn't seen this before but the vid came up on the side of the Detroit vid.

I saw a 12 year old who had a booth set up at a county fair, playing drums wearing Mickey Mouse shades and an I *heart* NY t-shirt. It was pretty damn awesome to my 8 year old sensibilities, so I bugged my parents for a drum kit and went into figuring it out. Played in a few bands. Then, a few years after that. . . I got into making digital music, mostly because musicians are flakey and filled with rage. . . so I started making computer music with out the help of rageaholic flakeazoids, then umm. . . played in some more bands, and just started grabbing instruments as needed or collaborating with other people who play different instruments and recording stuff because it was too expensive to experiment on the clock in someone else's studio, went to 'recording school', made some friends, made some enemies, and then ummm... kept making music, recording people, and drinking beer. . . yes. . . I drank some beer. Music=beer. I have a beer gut now, but at least I know how MIDI works.

Back