What's some good software plug-ins?

steveaustin

I'm running cakewalk pa9, play guitar, bass & drums & have plenty of pc. Sound Forge, CW & CFX are the current effects. The yamaha DS2416 has some great effects as well. What are some good plugins? I'm talkin' high-end stuff!

And please don't go on about rack units. Strickly plugins.

Smart-ass bluebear!

Thanks for the info guys. This is truly helpful. Nice to receive some straight forward answers w/ out the bitter sarcasim & smart-ass Bluebear remarks.:D

mmmh... just my opinion: i've used lots of plugins, and so far the best are sonitus ultrafunk. their reverb is GREAT, way better than waves. and that waves bundle has a bunch of stuff you're never going to use, and sounds pretty unamusing to my ears.

I used to use dx, now I have protools so I use rtas so....

Does cakewalk use DX plugins?

I have waves gold bundle (now in rtas) It's allright.....Not the easiest to use. Maybe I'm just shallow and don't take the time to set it.

I found myself using hyperprism A LOT. Hyperprism is a GREAT set. I think they still have a free demo on cnet.com. It cuts out ever 15 secs or something. There's a fix it available....email if you want to know where. Anwida soft reverb is decent too. Antares makes mic modeler and auto tune which are very fun to mess with......Used in every techno pop song since cher's last hit. (jk techno people)

They key to finding what you like? DOWNLOAD DEMOS FIRST, Plugins are too expensive to buy and then figure out what you like and don't like

Back