What's "rep power"?

SonicAlbert

Super-Sonic "Herb" Albert
I just noticed this little feature when I post, called "rep power". What the heck is that? I have a rep power of 2 with 551 posts, but another person has a rep power of 4 with a couple hundred less posts than me. What is "rep power" and how is it calculated? :-)

SonicAlbert said:
I just noticed this little feature when I post, called "rep power". What the heck is that? I have a rep power of 2 with 551 posts, but another person has a rep power of 4 with a couple hundred less posts than me. What is "rep power" and how is it calculated? :-)

That's a great question coming from a guy with more rep power than me. :)

There have been a couple of threads on this recently.

Massive, what you are talking about is something different I believe. Those are "reputation points", the little scales of justice icon thingy. "Rep power" seems to be something else entirely.

You have almost 1,900 posts to your name, and yet you have the same "rep power" as me with 550+ posts.

EdWonbass, I did a search for rep power and there have been some threads on it recently, but nobody ever really came up with a definitive answer. "Rep power' seems to be something other than "reputation points", but there must be some connection, right?

Puzzling, who thinks up this stuff?

See I have a -16 rep. You can't see it because it only shows counts that are + in public.

Come to the Cave for a little while and you will see how people who were losers in high school get back at people with this joke of a button. :D

Warhead, you and I have almost exactly the same number of posts. At least today!

geet73, you didn't make me more popular! My "rep power" is the same as before.

I wonder how it is calculated? Certainly the moderators must know this.

Maybe if someone with lots of rep power gives you a point it counts more than if someone with low rep power gives you a point.

Back