whats n track ?

N-track. 8-track. 48-track. 4-track. 2-track.

The n (number of tracks,) depends on your computers capabilites. This will depend upon a number of variables, (os, speed, memory, plug-ins, etc...

hmmmm...sounds very interesting , so is that better than having a 4 or 8 track (analog or even digital) ??
in the sense that its an all in one program and better quality maybe??
please tell me more i went to the website and it was hard to understand so if anyone is using it please let me know how it is or of any better programs
thanks

tracks of what ? on the comp i mean or buy a recording digital unit/ which is better cheaper for only personal use well and also to do my deeemo:D:D:D

Whether buying a stand alone digital recording unit or a computer based recording system, both have their pros and cons.

If you have a PC, especially a newer one, you have the advantage of a large number of tracks to record. You need a decent sound card, ( most computers a least have Sound Blaster or Sound Blaster Live,) that allows you to plug in the cheap microphone that comes with the card or computer.

You can download a free usable demo from of the n-track software from their website. The cool thing about n-track is it's inexpensive, around $40.00 for the fully workable software! For $40 you get the capability of a stereo multitrack digital hardisc recorder!

I have a newer Dell PC with the n-Track software. I also use a small Mackie mixer that I plug into the computer sound card's microphone input. Now I can use decent microphones and other equipment like a drum machine through the mixer to the multitrack recorder on my computer.

There is a learning curve to digital multitrack recording. But it really has revolutionized the way musicians can make music. This stuff for making a quality recording, only 5 or 10 years ago, would cost you the BIG BUCKS in a recording studio. It's great to use it for songwriting or producing a demo.

Strange like when you catch your parents having sex...and at first you're not really sure what the hell it is you're seeing...but then over a moment that feels like eternity you begin to put the pieces together, and you wish you hadn't...so your brain kind of kicks in and invents a much nicer memory...like maybe they were just playing laser tag...naked...with the dog....and a jar of peanut butter...

Slackmaster 2000

Slackmaster2K said:
Strange like when you catch your parents having sex...and at first you're not really sure what the hell it is you're seeing...but then over a moment that feels like eternity you begin to put the pieces together, and you wish you hadn't...so your brain kind of kicks in and invents a much nicer memory...like maybe they were just playing laser tag...naked...with the dog....and a jar of peanut butter...

Slackmaster 2000

C'mon, man! My parents are in their mid 70's and are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. That's a mental image I just don't need.

... Then again, at least you said "parents" and not "moderator"!!!!! Thank God for small favors. :p

so ur the one with the weird parents sex comment huh.
hmmm.. i just got 1 question for you .

whats n-track ?

(this time yes i am jokinggggggggg)
by now i know everything about n-track and i dont even have it ! lol

later

i installed n-track now how come it won't record me....i boot into winblows and start playing and nothing records!!!

i mean, i'm playing right in front of my computer!! what's up?? dammit!!!:mad:

CDT

all i can say is that you came to the right place to ask about n-track, trust me on this .
:D:D:D

ok, 3 hours later...

i've been playing and pointing my guitar toward my monitor and STILL NO RECORDING!!!!!

all i see is my desktop icons!!

even if I smack my monitor with a spare guitar string!!! nothing!!

I'm calling VISA to get them involve in my refund!!!

:mad: :confused:

Oh man, we might need moderator intervention. Slackmaster, this thread is going downhill fast! :rolleyes:

... well, I guess you can finish with the laser tag, the dog, and the peanut butter. :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Back