what's Logic Pro 7 like?

topolino

is Logic Pro 7 the newest in the Logic line-up? does anyone use it?

I've never seen it, but I have used GarageBand. how is Logic different from GarageBand?

I've only really used Fruity Loops and GarageBand. They're both very click-and-drag, visually-oriented programs. Is logic (or other programs) very much different?

Logic is kind of a unique monster. It's not as intuitive as Fruity Loops or Garage Band, but as you use it you get used to it. I find that Logic's big strength is in its ability to handle MIDI and vitrual instruments. But it definitely isn't nearly as easy to use as what you're used to.

However, the same will be true for any program at that level. As the programs get more advanced, you start to lose the simple interface stuff, because a program with millions of options simply can't keep the easy interface of Garage Band.

I personally think Logic is the hardest to use of the big 3 (Pro Tools/Cubase/Logic). I might get massacred by the Logic kids for saying that, but that's just been my experience. You might want to look at Cubase as an alternative to Logic - great program, and no need to buy bundled hardware. But all 3 do basically the same things - the differences are in the way they're done.

Back