Whats going on peoples?

ujamaa7

Whats going on peoples?

I'm trying to get to learn how to mix and master my beats and was wondering how to use eq. I heard many times before that equing and mastering is something u just have to learn on your own. I really don't know where to start and i'm dieng to learn how to eq. I just dont understand the frequency bli bli bli language to much:-)

What does a three band eq do?
Whats does the mids high lows etc;
How do i eq a beat so that it dosent get in the way of vocals?

What are some good studio headphones i can buy thats in the range of 60 to 100.00?

Thanks a whole lot in advance~ O and i'm working with motif sounds only

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE ALSO

Ok low ends are deeper sounds such as bass or instruments in lower octaves, mids are sounds in medium frequencies like 1k-2k, high frequencies are sharp sounds like hi hats, crashes and things in higher octaves.

to make a sound do what u want you basically gotta try stuff... im goin through that right now... cause untill recently i just made beats out stock sounds but after a lot.... and i mean a lot of reading im starting to get a grasp on what to do to make different shit happen to your sounds.... but a lot of it is trail and error... i spent the last hour and a half remixing this beat I been working on for like a week now and its still not right....

as far as headphones go id say got for the AKG or audio technica ones i havent heard either but from reviews and shit ive read their both supposed to be good companies especially the akg.....

here's a good spot for all kinds of tutorials from eq to compression to sound formation.... matta fact im out lol i need to read some of the joints they got up there myself

http://www.samplecraze.com/tutorial.php

Back