whats everyones favorite synth?

Korg Maxi-Korg is my fave, even over my minimoog. True duophonic. Made in 1975. Extremely warm filters & sounds unattainable from other synths

Juno-6. I love my Juno.

And I love the fact you can set it to be a monosynth. Kind of like an uber-SH-101. Can't remember how to do it at the mo (it's a factory test mode, apparently, where all 6 voices are played in kind of a unison mode by pressing various buttons on powerup), but I'll post it up later - it's apparently how Cabaret Voltaire used to get some of their bass sounds.

It's funny how everyone jumps to old stuff. Nostalgia... blah... (uh, yeah OK, I'll fess up to it, I have a Juno-106 :D It's my main bass synth)...

But my favorite, and I can say that easily 85-90% of my sounds come from it is the Kurzweil K2600XS... I can go on talking about what it's capable of and how beautiful, and freakin ugly/scary it can sound, but you'll only "get it" if you spend at least several months with it. I'll save my breath :p

jgourd said:
I just loved my ARP 2600 until it got stolen. Now I have a SoftSynth version and I am loading my old patches from my patch book into it.
I'm assuming you're talking about Arturia's version? From the prespective of one that had the real thing, how does it measure up?

noisewreck said:
I'm assuming you're talking about Arturia's version? From the prespective of one that had the real thing, how does it measure up?

Well, it works about the same. The sound is nice and fat. The jacks don't get all intermittant like the original :)

i have two korg poly 61s (one midi, one non midi) and they have some of my favorite sounds...

my favorite overall keyboard tho is my roland jx 10. it's my main controller keyboard, has great playing action, 76 keys, and i have a bunch of extra sounds that i can dump in and out when i get ready for a change. it's a big sounding keyboard, and most of the time it reminds me more of movies than it does music. i love it, i also have the pg 800 programmer which makes it that much better.

My number 1 most used - Roland v-synth

My number 2 most used - Acces virus

My number 3 most Used - Alesis A6 andromeda

My number 1 least understood synth - Korg Karma

The synths I wish I never sold - Jupiter 8 and reverse colour keys Korg poly 800

The synth I wish I had - Korg oasis or original Emulator

The synth I paid for in february which is still on backorder :mad: - Korg Radias

My primary instrument is guitar but I also play bass, keyboard and drums.

My favorite keyboard for ease of use, versatility, portability is Korg X5d. I bought my first one around 1995. They are still in production I think and on sale at american musical supply. The fact they are still making and selling says a lot for this keyboard. For piano stuff I use an old Korg p3 piano module from the 1988. The piano sample is the best I've ever heard in any unit.

Honorable mentions are just some fun keyboards I had. A long time ago my first keyboard was a cz101 which I wish I still had. It was awesome though limited. Some "supposed" keyboard expert was trying it out one time and stuck the wrong power supply it and toasted it.

Lately on ebay I've been seeing Realistic Moog MG-1's for sale for like $300 and up. I have to laugh. Many years ago I had a chance to buy one for $75. At the time me and the bass player I was playing with just laughed and lauged. The prices cz101 and mg-1s are going for are truly comical. Though I would like to own an old univox/korg minikorg someday

Back