Whats a good preamp to accompany a ksm44

ryanwoollerton

Hi there,

Im looking at uprgrading my mic.

I will only be recording vocals in a homestudio.
After a lot of research, it seems that the ksm44 would be an excellent choice to record a great vocal.

But i also need to upgrade the preamp - i am currently using a m audio fast track pro.

Any suggestions on a good preamp? budget i guess would be around $200 - 300 USD.

I got myself the Behringer ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200 just yesterday. I haven't had too much time to tinker with it but it rates well and can be picked up for $100. My main turn off about it is the fake tube in the middle, lame.

I got myself the Behringer ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200 just yesterday. I haven't had too much time to tinker with it but it rates well and can be picked up for $100. My main turn off about it is the fake tube in the middle, lame.

Cool thanks for your reply Muffin!:)

I don't think the preamp is too critical with the KSM44, but I can't think of a reason not to get the DMP3 either so . . . but I'd try the fasttrack thingy first and see what you think. The KSM is hot enough that maybe the fasttrack's noise is not audible (the KSM44 is an extremely low-noise mic). If you notice the noise, then look into the DMP3.

I don't think the preamp is too critical with the KSM44, but I can't think of a reason not to get the DMP3 either so . . . but I'd try the fasttrack thingy first and see what you think. The KSM is hot enough that maybe the fasttrack's noise is not audible (the KSM44 is an extremely low-noise mic). If you notice the noise, then look into the DMP3.

cool thanks for your reply! Yea I wondering what the ksm44 will sound like thru the fast track pro, after all I originally was using the sm86 in the studio!

Back