Whata ya think?

KKM1

Ok guys,
I fixed some dtuff on this one. Please tell me what you think of the mix, drum sound, song...etc. thanks

you should probably review a a couple tunes before soliciting.

that said

hmm drums sound like they are in another room - distant and "soft/weak", except for the hat/tambourine thing which is a little too loud for my tastes.

vocals are ok, guitars seemed thin in the beginning but it kind of grew on me.

better than most of my stuff
cheers
C.

the thing that jumped out at me is the drums should have been tuned first
watch your overs set up, the snare's not in the center and thats always kinda strange.
the gits sound like they have a bit too many mids for me. were they recorded direct? (maby, maby not)

it's all left heavy, mono it out and use some reverbs to get a stereo image, and then maby pan a little but try to retain a ballance.

it's got a good indy-rock feel.

thanks guys...

which drums do feel are not tuned well? im only using the snare, kick and floor tom...thanks

the guitar is a rick 630 played through a blues jr with a senn e609 silver close miced.

Now that sounds professional to me.....I loved the vocals...liked the beat...the only thing I would prefer to hear, is a fuller sound..And a strong lead geetar solo..but that is because I like lead solo's and a bit more bass I guess....It has a good steady beat.Kept me my foot tappin'...Is that violins in the background?.....Great job...Now on my favorites list... :D

hey guys thanks!...especially for the positive posts. even when people want good contructive critisicm, positive posts really feel good to read.

i did everything you hear myself. ive been trying to learn drums and vocals in the last year and a half. im also trying to be a good bass player which isnt always easy. at the same time im also learning how to record and produce too. its been fun!

i think what i need to is turn down my subwoofer on my monitoring system because i think im duped in hearing too much bass and my mixes are getting light on low end. ill fix it and repost the tune if u dont mind hearing it again.

KKM1 said:
hey guys thanks!...especially for the positive posts. even when people want good contructive critisicm, positive posts really feel good to read.

i did everything you hear myself. ive been trying to learn drums and vocals in the last year and a half. im also trying to be a good bass player which isnt always easy. at the same time im also learning how to record and produce too. its been fun!

i think what i need to is turn down my subwoofer on my monitoring system because i think im duped in hearing too much bass and my mixes are getting light on low end. ill fix it and repost the tune if u dont mind hearing it again.
Not at all... :)

I'm only listening through cans, but I thought it sounded pretty good. Kudos to doing all yourself. Keep up the good work.

OK Guys...Heres the remixed version. I beefed up the bass and added more compression to it and i just redid most of the levels too.

Thanks for listening.

Yeah sounds not bad. The vocals dont sit right though. Add a little reverb even if you aint into reverb just add a little bit and play with the decay to get the reverb to sit nice in the mix. THink the vox are a little too loud but could just be the lack of reverb or EQ issues. The drums sound kinda live, but thats cool.
Keep at it.

Back