What you think of my voice? What can I improve?

Not bad at all actually. You've got the bones for it and a sonically intriguing approach to phrasing and diction. Classic folk voice in some respects. There was a misplaced note here and there, but nothing that some concentrated practice couldn't fix, I don't think. There were times when I wanted to be able to tell you to relax - most specifically during the middle eight when you were singing the words "flowers," "gave," and the first "change." I quite liked the second "change it all" from that stretch of lyrics. A tad nasal in places and think that tendency is what is causing you to trip up on some of those notes.

Guitar playing is brilliant. Is that you? Songwriting is spot on too :) Kept finding myself wanting to harmonize with you on "Mr. Sunday Morn."

Not bad at all actually. You've got the bones for it and a sonically intriguing approach to phrasing and diction. Classic folk voice in some respects. There was a misplaced note here and there, but nothing that some concentrated practice couldn't fix, I don't think. There were times when I wanted to be able to tell you to relax - most specifically during the middle eight when you were singing the words "flowers," "gave," and the first "change." I quite liked the second "change it all" from that stretch of lyrics. A tad nasal in places and think that tendency is what is causing you to trip up on some of those notes.

Guitar playing is brilliant. Is that you? Songwriting is spot on too :) Kept finding myself wanting to harmonize with you on "Mr. Sunday Morn."

Thank you
And yeah I'm the one playing guitar. I played and sang at the same time,
So I wasn't too picky making sure vocals or guitar was perfect because getting the two JUST right is really hard when your playing them at the same time.

Great pointers, I never realized I got a little bit too much into it at times.

I really like your voice and think it's unique. I like how you carry your words, the tone when you add in vibrato, and how you let loose more towards the end and get more expressive. Really great job at playing and singing at the same time. Sure there was a part here or there in which you were "off" a tad, but that's just part of being human and being a live singer; no one can sing perfect 100% of the time, so nothing there that alarms me at all. Nothing I would really suggest to improve on; real artists like us just need to take over the mainstream more and kick these auto-tuners out the door, LOL. Keep original, and best wishes to you!
Edited to add: and no no no, you can never get into the singing or music too much; it's more important to have a moving yet slightly flawed performance than a lifeless, technically "perfect" one. So don't hold back!

Back