What would be better?

Jose_Man

Hey guys. I just wanted know your thoughts on this one.

I do recordings of my band in my laptop, but I don't have any kind of USB soundcard or anything, I just plug the instrument to the Mic line and record. Of course the sound quality sux... But I try to make it as decent as possible ( I use ACID pro 4.0 for recording).

Anyhow, I have been looking around for some decent USB souncards and I can't decide between the following.

**TASCAM - US-428 (i love this one beacuse it's mutitrack mixer and shit, but honestly I always do my recordings one instrument at a time....But then again, if I wanted to record the drums this would be perfect right?) The price doesn't help me tho.

**TASCAM - US-122 (It looks pretty decent but it's only 1 track at a time right?..and only 2 mic Inputs? what about the pre-amps are they any good?) I believe this one is fits my budget well.

**M-AUDIO MobilePre (I havent heard anything from this one. It looks decent and the price is good...what do you think? )

**M Box ( enough said, Protools is conquering the world...if it didn't do it already.. but I guess I'm much into PRO recording on my laptop, just put our ideas down, If we were to record a good demo, we'd go to a Recording studio.)

------------------------------------------

I Could say that I'm the person with the LOOOOOOWEST budget in here. I am a college international student, I don't have a job yet ( looking for one that pays me more than 6$/hr, so I'm fucked.

However, Which one do you think would be the best to get?

Thanx for your time.

Peace
Jose

Last edited:
Dont know much about the Tascam gear but the m-audio USB stuff would be descent and affordable. Another thing, use your line in not mic in.

Back