What version is right for me

rokinrandy

Banned Moderater
Hello:D
I bought some vst plug-ins so now I need a good all in one midi programming recording set up That is easy to use... which version of sonar is the cheapest that will suit these needs...

my specs: xps2 ,1536 ddr,p4 ,m-audio delta 66 asio, blah blah....

I'm hoping there are trials and I will download as soon as i see the responses

Thanks in advance for your time and saving mine ,RR

Hey Randy,

I just bought Sonar 6 Studio edition. I am very impressed! It will do all you need it to and more. I was going to buy Home Studio XL but it had too many limitations ex. not enough audio tracks/busses ect. You can download a trial version of Sonar 6 Producer editon, I think thats all cakewalk currently offers as a trail version. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hey Randy,

I just bought Sonar 6 Studio edition. I am very impressed! It will do all you need it to and more. I was going to buy Home Studio XL but it had too many limitations ex. not enough audio tracks/busses ect. You can download a trial version of Sonar 6 Producer editon, I think thats all cakewalk currently offers as a trail version. Hope that helps.

Wow A reply:eek:

Thanks ...To bad there is not a trial for xl 6 .... I own adobe audition 1.5 I would hate to spend 700 bucks unless i had to..
I just really need something for my ez drummer programming and get the ez drum mics to seperate tracks so i can mix with my guitars and convert it all to wav or mp3 .... that is it ...so xl would not be good for that,, are you saying i need to fork out 700-100 bucks to get this done... thanks again

I would get a upgrade version of sonar studio 7. I believe they will even let you upgrade from some of the free cubase stuff that comes with some interfaces.
Then you can update to producer or just wait for 8 to come out.

I think you can get trial versions of sonar 6 from cakewalkl direct.

Back