What utility to send sysex?

mikemorgan

panned out
I've got a new Line6 Gearbox Di. It doesn't respond to midi cc patch change message. Some guys have mentioned that if you send a sysex dump of a pre-recorded patch sysex using Midi-ox, that seems to work.

I don't really understand how Midi-ox can be set to send sysex messages, but I know how to do it in Cakewalk/Sonar.

Anyone know how I can use qwerty keys to accomplish sysex bank sends?

I've got a new Line6 Gearbox Di. It doesn't respond to midi cc patch change message. Some guys have mentioned that if you send a sysex dump of a pre-recorded patch sysex using Midi-ox, that seems to work.

I don't really understand how Midi-ox can be set to send sysex messages, but I know how to do it in Cakewalk/Sonar.

I don't use cakewalk or sonar but if this is any help in logic it's called and event list, in cubase it's called a list edit and you insert a control change from the drop down menu within these editors. I wish these bloody software company's would use a standard terminology instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

midiox is what you want to use. There are no QWERTY banks sends. Think of it as an all in one replacement for the memory in your device. There is no editing involved, it either all goes or not.

If it does not respond to normal CC changes for programs, you will need a device that will send the correct sysex string for each patch

Thanks guys, I figured out how to store sysex strings gathered by Midi-ox. I loaded these into the Sonar sysex view one at a time. Now I have a list of sysex banks in Sonar I can choose to send, one at a time. I have key commands set so that if I highlight a bank and press the qwerty keyboard "x" it sends that bank, thereby changing the patch in the standalone Gearbox software.

The last piece of the puzzle? Trying to get Sonar's key commands assigned to the banks in my "sysex view"! Any thoughts?

Back