What type of microphone is this?

And as always having the same mic as another singer will not necessarily give you the same results. Or the same haircut :laughings:

Where can I buy it?

LDC (large diaphragm condenser) requiring phantom power (not USB) with a cardioid pattern most likely.

:) :) :)

Just for reference the video from whence it came..... (experts... was this recorded "live" in this video? :rolleyes:)

Can you give me a link to where I can buy one exactly like the one I showed you?

I know but its just that type of microphone is one I really want. Im interested in the look of it and how it sounds. Do you know where I can perhaps buy one.

Do you know where I can buy one thats exactly like the one he uses?

For real?

If you want to sound like him when he says "Mum, why are you laughing?" then this is certainly the mic for you.
If you want to sound like him when he sings, I'd look into his processing techniques.

I bet a 58 with the same processing would impress you just as much.

That said…..you can buy it here.

Yes I live in America and I have somewhat of a "lorde", "sia", "ed sheeran, "passenger" style voice.
Would this microphone work well for it?

Yes I live in America and I have somewhat of a "lorde", "sia", "ed sheeran, "passenger" style voice.
Would this microphone work well for it?

They are easily found for 6-700.00 on Ebay. They are very well made microphones, that have been used on many records, they are well known in the industry mostly for clean male voices and female voices. They record male falsetto very well, as they have a boost in the high end over 6k.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neumann-TLM...=US_Pro_Audio_Microphones&hash=item3cd9f40661

Back