what to use for controlling monitor outs?

royharper3220

what do you guys use for controlling the output to your active monitors?
I will be getting a Delta 44 and need something to control the levels going to the active monitors. I was thinking a lil Berry mixer like "Behringer Eurorack UB502 5-Channel Compact Mixer" its $49. Im pretty sure its got balanced ins and outs. would something like this work. would the audio suffer from running through this cheap mixer.I guess i would have to run all audio going into the 44 through the mixer to have zero latency monitoring.

I think it'll do fine as a volume control. You can run the (post-fade) aux to a powered sub at some point if you choose to add one also.

yeh but I'll have use it as an input to have monitoring(headphones) for what im recording at the time( zero latency monitoring).Its hard to listen to a track for overdubs and not be able to hear yourself in the same headphones. Unless the delta 44 has zero latency monitoring, like where the input gets sent directly to the outputs also!?

ok I just looked at m-audio's site it says the 44 does have zero latency monitoring. so i guess i can just use the mixer for outs.woot!

Back