What to do with my old programs?

Jagular

I now have Sonar 3 Producer. I still have CWPA9 & Sonar 2.2xl sitting around doing nothing. I bought PA9 outright and the rest are upgrades. What the heck should I do with these things. I assume they are probably dead SN's since I have upgraded, but I just have a hard time disposing of stuff that still would be useful to someone. What do you guys do with your old upgraded programs?

You can't give 'm away...well, you can....but the serial isn't valid.

I put my old programs in a shoebox. Never looked at it again...

John - I think I recall reading on the old Cakewalk Newsgroup that Cakewalk will let you (legally) donate them to a school or library. Gotta believe a music lab at a junior high school would jump all over Sonar 2.

If you want to pursue it, I would confirm with Cakewalk first.

I still have my old recording programs sitting in a box alongside copies of Windows 3.1 and some DOS games. I also have a copy of some early version of Microsoft Office - on about 27 floppy disks (but at least they're the high density, 1.44 versions, I think). :D

Thanks Mike!!

I was thinking about that myself. I'm glad you mentioned that. I would love to donate one or both of them to a school if it was legit. Oh that I could have had something like that to play with while I was in school :D

I'll check it out.

dachay2tnr said:
John - I think I recall reading on the old Cakewalk Newsgroup that Cakewalk will let you (legally) donate them to a school or library. Gotta believe a music lab at a junior high school would jump all over Sonar 2.......:D

That is a GREAT idea!

I think that I'll donate my old Cakewalk/Sonar discs to one of the Chicago Public Schools in my neighborhood.

spin

Back