What to do with a wall mounted air conditioner

Enchilada

Strange person.
Hi guys,

In my studio thread here you can see that there is a wall mounted air conditioner (broken and the landlord won't replace it) in the room I'm recording in.

Question, what would you do about this if it were in your studio. I'm renting the premises so removing the unit is not an option.

All thoughts are appreciated :)

EDIT: I think the point of this thread has been very much missed. I'm looking for ideas to minimise the acoustic impact on the room as it is quite large.

Last edited:
Then you don't ever have to worry about it...it's always off.

When it's hot, also turn off the studio gear and go to the beach. :D

Replace it with one the same size, and stash the broken one in the attic or anywhere. When you move, put that POS back in the hole it came out of, and let your slum-lord go take a long walk off a short pier.

Or, tell him to go F--- himself, and find a place worth a damn.

Replace it with one the same size, and stash the broken one in the attic or anywhere. When you move, put that POS back in the hole it came out of, and let your slum-lord go take a long walk off a short pier.

Or, tell him to go F--- himself, and find a place worth a damn.

While that does sound like a good plan, the unit is externally mounted and I can't get to it because it is inside a locked cage (adjacent to my shed) which the landlord uses for his personal storage :(.

Nobody seems to be concerned about the impict the uni may have on the room acoustics so I think I'll just ignore it.

Sorry to say this, but your landlord is a dick. Sounds like he went out of his way to make things difficult for you.

I kinda wonder why it's OK to build/hang all kinds of acoustic stuff...but your landlord won't let you put in a working AC...???
Are you paying for electric or is he (included in your rent)?

I agree...that's being a dick.
He should either fix it or let you fix it...but forcing you to leave a broken AC in the wall is silly.
It may not be hot now down-under...but in a few months it will be.

Back