What to do???? RODE NTV, AKG TUBE

Heat

Hey guys..it's been a while..........

I have been searching the archives in search for a good..multi use microphone.....I have heard alot about the RODE NT-1....mostly good..a few bad........I am wondering......If the NT-1 is all that......How is the NTV??? I am considering a tube mic for warmth and color on acoustic guitars..that would be the mic's primary function, and mabye on vocals as well.

I have also wondered about the AKG Solid Tube..I didnt find much in the archives.....has anybody had good experiences with this mic....again it would primarily be for acoustic guitar stuff.......

One third option...I have heard about a Royer ribbon mic..ive heard it can add a nice touch to guitar cabinets.....what about acoustic though?????

Ok just a couple more thoughts and i will shut up......what would happen if you miked a high volume guitar cabinet with a large diaphram condenser mic?? mabye not close up but mabye several feet away in conjunction with a close SM-57....i wish i had the mic and i would tell you guys....

and lastly......i have seen the RODE NTV and AKG solid tube on E-bay for fairly decent prices....am I making a bad move in going for a used mic????? Sorry about the lengthy post..but this is not really my area of expertise....all opinions are welcome :)

Thanks

Heat

allright

Thanks for the tips..and the link RE......It had some great info..let me ask you your opinion on this...I have heard that using tube mics on acoustic guitar is usually not advised. I would think that the tube "warmth" would be the perfect thing for an acoustic guitar....what has been your experience on this???????

Heat

Back