What those closest to you would say is a very unlikely CD to see in your collection

Toddskins

So you might consider yourself a "rocker", or a lover of R&B, or some other categorical name. And you might like a lot of different styles of music. But those who know you best, might consider one of the CD's in your collection a bit out of sync with what they know of you. Tell us what it is!

Listening to a favorite CD of mine tonight, and reminiscing how I first discovered them/it. This group was on the Johnny Carson show, but Jay Leno was filling in that evening, back in 1994. I happened to watch this strange looking group do a guest appearance, and they rocked me out of my seat. I went out the next day and bought their CD. But they're not exactly a rock band. Can you guess who?

Well, here's a great track from that CD "Electric Barnyard" that I just groove on. And it's not even the best track from the disk! I think this band is a hybrid, in the truest sense, of country-rock.

Jellyfish 'Spilt Milk' would not be typical for a rock/metal guy I suppose. One of my favorite productions. :)

I've always considered myself a rocker (although not metal,) but a few years found myself forming/leading a bluegrass band. Years before that, I realized that the Harry Neilsson albums did not fit in a rock genre. No matter- I love his stuff. R.I.P.

Everyone knows I'll listen to anything once. Nothing they find in my music collection would surprise them.

Speakin of Kotter (and Travolta by association) I have to say the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. I grew up in the I-Hate-Disco camp, but I secretly listened to this album. :o :D

I don't think anyone would find any surprises in my CD collection. I'm pretty consistent and don't like shit.

Speakin of Kotter (and Travolta by association) I have to say the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. I grew up in the I-Hate-Disco camp, but I secretly listened to this album. :o :D

I think there were a lot of us who were in that camp, and we came to appreciate those songs later on. I remember a group of us hardcore rockers drinking beer in the back of a friend's older brother's mustang in 1979, driving around and screaming our lungs out to any song by Journey, but then we popped in the strangest song that we all loved to hate and kinda went nuts over "Pop Muzik" by M. How funny. The song we couldn't quite truly hate, cuz we sang it all the time, along with our rock songs. <grin>

I was a disco hater who secretly loved disco too. I still listen to that shit. And Hall & Oates! :eek:
Sheesh. It's all coming out.....add me to that camp. I was a vocal opponent of disco and the Bay city rollers back in the day, but I secretly dug them all. Now I just don't care. I'll listen to pretty much anything except raga and C&W. But no one would be surprized at anything I have in my collection. Their surprize would be that I actually possess CDs !

Last edited:
Sheesh. It's all coming out.....add me to that camp. I was a vocal opponent of disco and the Bay city rollers back in the day, but I secretly dug them all. Now I just don't care. I'll listen to pretty much anything except raga and C&W. But no one would be surprized at anything I have in my collection. Their surprize would be that I actually possess CDs !

I suppose I enjoyed skating to Saturday. The sad truth is out.:eek:

Back