What the hell is this?

MonkeyShock

This is a short test piece. I like it, but I don't know how to catagorize it. Would this be considered calypso? I intend to actually use this music for a song. It features the first ever radio advertisement.......by Thomas Edison...I know, I'm a freak. I think I'll let my singer do a rap here...all the kids are doing it, ha, ha.
The piece is....."pissin in the wind". Yeah, I"m not real good at titles.
I'd appreciate some input from any real musicians, ha, ha.
Thank you! Jody http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=194902
Peace :)

Firstly, this song had my 16-month old girl and 3-1/2 year old boy both dancing, so the song is grooving.
Where do I start. Great tune, great vocals...lead and harmony...Excellent Bass, not only playing, but the overall tracking and final sound. Acoustic guitar had a nice tone too. Drums, good playing, good feel, thin sound on the recording. Explain thin sound Seeker. OK, too much high and upper frequency mid-high, not enough low end and certain mid frequencies (not sure exactly, but probably mid-lows).
That I will offer from my humble ears on the tracking side.
If I were a producer, which I am not and don't claim to be, but IF I were I would say this...the tune is nice, but needs some electric guitar during the build-ups, maybe subtly all through the song. Doesn't have to be overdriven electric, but a clean LP through a Fender tube amp, or a Tele in mid position, would add something essential. I would offer this if I were a producer, which I am not. :)

Good tune and Great delivery. Work on the details and you will be knocking them off their feet.

Back