What the hell is this thing?

sheppard

Saw a guy on t.v. last night doing a sax solo on keys.He had a thing in his mouth that he was blowing on.It was some how tied
into the keys and made the performer sound very realistic.
Anyone know what this was or what the bear min. is that I could
do the same for?

Eric Clapton's DVD (One More Car, One More Rider) has his keyboard player doing the same thing. Sounds realistic. Sorry, don't know what it is but I'll find out.

rpe

Breath Controller

That would most probably be a breath controller - Yamaha and Kurzweil gear have inputs and any synth that responds to CC#2 can take advantage of it. It *is* part of the MIDI spec after all ;)

Regards, James

I have one of these breath controllers now, made by the Swedish company TEControl

It's really excellent to add expression to my composition. Highly recommended. There are various videos on youtube, just google "breath controller".

I have one of these breath controllers now, made by the Swedish company TEControl

It's really excellent to add expression to my composition. Highly recommended. There are various videos on youtube, just google "breath controller".

Welcome to the HR forums. Be careful on what threads you drag out - this one is 10 years old! Everyone knows about MIDI breath controllers now!

Back