What synth should I buy !???

I'd say Nord Lead 3 (just don't rely too much on its presets, roll your own and you'll realise that it doesn't have to be "metallic") and Waldorf XT or better yet (for your purposes) the Pulse. Virus has been overdone. Voyager is great, but I hate it's low-note priority setup. It forces me to play in a certain manner that just simply doesn't work for me.

I've owned the nord lead and it sounds kind of weak compared to a Moog Voyager or a Studio Electronics ATC-X. I have both analog synths, and for the $$$ you pay for a nord lead your can get a ATC or Moog.

The ones complaining about Nord Lead... what exactly do you hate about it?

@ King_Cobra: Exactly what do you mean by "weak"? It's certainly not as great at bass as a Moog, but it's kinda like comparing a cello to a bassoon. Different instruments. I find that Nords are easy to fit in the mix. And if you need "phatness" (ugh, how I hate that word, right up there with "warm"... meaningless and overused), just put it through a nice keyboard amp and mic it.

Nord lead sounding weak=Poor programming.

Check out David Smiths Poly Evolver KB (Kick Ass).

The KS4 and Microwave rock too (So does the Virus actually).

If you are looking to do this cheap, check out the Alesis Ion or the Korg MS2000.

Back