What sub woofer with Event TR6

LfO

I've been monitoring with a pair of Event TR6s for a year and a half, and I'm generally happy, but they just have no bottom end. I'd estimate that kicks sounds 12-18 dB quieter in my studio than on any other system - so, I figure the little TR6s need a sub to keep them company. Any recommendations, preferably under $400? Event doesn't seem to make one :(

Much appreciated - if no one speaks out against it soon, I think I'll order that KRK.

I'm not speaking against any subs here, but based upon your description of your problem, I'd give it a better than even chance that you could fix your bass problem for a lot cheaper and more accurately with some basic room treatment than trying to attack the problem with a subwoofer. Wrong tool for the worng job.

G.

> I'd give it a better than even chance that you could fix your bass problem for a lot cheaper and more accurately with some basic room treatment <

You guys beat me to it. :D

It's almost never the speakers, and it's always the room.

--Ethan

Well, the KRK is in my car right now - I've been carrying around a gift card to Banjo Emporium for too long, so it was really just a $100 purchase, if you're willing to use faulty logic ;)

I have no doubt that the room is pretty bad - the sound when standing near a wall does indicate that low frequencies are getting trapped there; but the impression I've gotten from what I've read (a good bit of which you, Ethan, wrote) is that bass traps take up a lot of space and $$$ relative to general room treatment, making the sub a much more efficient, if lower quality, fix. The next time I move, I'll be house-shopping with studio potential in mind, but as it is, I'm crammed in a spare bedroom.

I do appreciate you all trying to save me from myself - I'll try to take your collective advice in the future.

Back