What sound card to get rid of static noise?

Lioo

Hello,
I'm starting to get along with making voice overs to my videos.
So I bought a good mic (Rode NT1-A) and a quite confident pre-amp (Behringer 302USB Xenyx).
I put it into my current sound card (Creative Sound Blaster X-FI SB0880) aaand... there's lots of static noise going on.

I'm using Adobe Audition to record. All switches of the preamp are on 0 and I'm getting this record:
hNl8owc.png
Left part: Connected to the pre-amp
Right part: Not even connected, just a cable plugged into Mic-input

When I plug in the cable from the pre-amp directly into my headphones (Logitech G933) ...
there's absolutely no noise.. it's perfectly clear!
So I'm wondering if my settings of my sound card are not correct (if so, what could possibly cause this noise?),
or if I even should buy a new sound card (It just should record halfway decent, without THAT much static noise).
Well I could just capture a noise print, but then I'd obviously lose all the quality that the NT1-A provides.

OK, first some terminology. Your Behringer is a mixer - designed to take multiple inputs, combine them to an audio (and USB) output. It has a mic preamp onboard.

Go to the Behringer website and download the ASIO drivers for the mixer , then use a USB cable from the mixer to your computer - this will be your soundcard, bypassing the Creative one, which is really not designed for anything more than video gaming sound. Report back, ask questions if you get stuck.

Back