what software

Erion

hi all...... i v'got M-Audio Keystation 49e USB .... and i want to know wich software i can connect it with

PS: please name them so it can be easy for me to find wich one i can pick

with regards

erion

Tracktion --- LINK --- is a good one. It's crossplatform, easy to learn and use, handles VSTfx and VSTi's well and they have a free, unrestricted demo version at the linked site.

Also worth a look if you're on PC is a newer audio/midi sequencer called Reaper --- LINK --- which has a nice way of handling VST plugins and has come a long way in a short time. It's shareware and they give you 30 days to use it and decide if you like it or not.

These are both low-priced but powerful applications --- instead of buying something like Cubase or Logic in my opinion these may be all you need ever. Then you can put the rest of your software budget into a nice microphone or some good softsynths...

Run out and grab a copy of issue 103 (August) of Computer Music magazine....

Along with their full suite of free audio production software and thousands of samples, they gave away a $100 copy of SamplitudeSE (full 48 audio tracks, unlimited MIDI tracks). Any Barnes&Noble or Borders carries it for $14.

Just installing it myself...

thnx for the help guys... just wanna ask if the are any more programs to be named plz do so

with regards

erion

Erion said:
thnx for the help guys... just wanna ask if the are any more programs to be named plz do so

with regards

erion

Hey Erion :)

First welcome to the forum....Now, about your question...There is various sequencers available. I would recommend Sonar Studio XL4, Reason, or Cubase SE 3...Notice that just because it's Cubase or Sonar doesn't mean its expansive.
Every sequencer has a different and simple versions applied more to the needs of a beginner.

Here is a page where you can check out info (and their price) of practically every sequencer available on the market. They are sorted by brand

http://www.audiomidi.com/master.cfm?CID=105

Note that Reason isn’t there, cause reason isn’t a sequencer “by heart”. It’s a standalone virtual studio actually....Basically it has everything you need to start, and great quality and stability as well. Although I would recomend you to take a look on others optioms and see which one fits your needs better

Hope this helps
Cheers

SoundofMind said:
Hey Erion :)

First welcome to the forum....Now, about your question...There is various sequencers available. I would recommend Sonar Studio XL4, Reason, or Cubase SE 3...Notice that just because it's Cubase or Sonar doesn't mean its expansive.
Every sequencer has a different and simple versions applied more to the needs of a beginner.

Here is a page where you can check out info (and their price) of practically every sequencer available on the market. They are sorted by brand

http://www.audiomidi.com/master.cfm?CID=105

Note that Reason isn’t there, cause reason isn’t a sequencer “by heart”. It’s a standalone virtual studio actually....Basically it has everything you need to start, and great quality and stability as well. Although I would recomend you to take a look on others optioms and see which one fits your needs better

Hope this helps
Cheers

thnx for the wlcoming and thnx for the help guys..... ya been greatful

with regards

eri

peace out

cheers

Back