What should we do after the songs are done?

tbiddy38

Whats up ya'll? Well my people and I have just completed some songs....I was just wondering what you guys would do if you were in my position? I would like some help getting my music where it needs to be....(listeners, radio, anything that can help our situation, etc). Thanks a lot for your time and effort guys.

1. Build A Site -- Even If Its Cheap, Free, Soundclick Page -- Begin Making An Internet Presence ( I Cant Stand To Run Into/find Indie Artists And Then Onlyl Have Access To Their Cd -- Esp. When I Find "out Of My Area" Artists . . .

2. Pass Out Freebies, Try To Put Some In A Few Stores For Sale And/or Free

3. If U Are In Va -- Holla At Me So We Can Do A Collabo As Well (lol)

4. Try To Do Open Mics At Available, Accessible Clubs. Holla At The Djs --as Long As U Dont Have A History With Them - U Will Begin To Make Friends - It Aint Easy Though
I Will Let Someone Else Add On -- Im Sleepy (even Though Im At Work) And Feel As Though I Have Reached The Apex Of My Knowledge Base . . . . At Lreast Until I Ge A 2nd Wind

I dont know what kind of music you make, but if its club music you might be able to get a DJ to throw it in his set...I do this all the time. And if the crowd is really feeling it, then he might ask you for a cd to play on a more consistent basis. That way your music is working for you even when you arent at the club!

I think #1 if you personally think it deserves airplay, without being bias, then start your campaign......Do what Gully and Crunk said plus......College stations are a huge market! As far as the $uce$$ that people are looking for, you have to surround yourself with the right people. Many people have made it on "Who you know" Basis Only.....Market yourself, but don't be a Sucker! (I don't know if that is possible.... That's like like sucking D*ck and saying you ain't no Fagg*t)

Back