what should i replace my v-amp 2 and bass v-amp with?

tigerotool

i have a v-amp 2 and a bass v-amp. i'm looking to sell them and buy something better for recording or just jamming around with. i don't really have room for a real amp or a big foot pedal. the logical thing to do is get a line 6 pod xt and a bass pod xt. for guitar i want high gain amp modeling. but maybe i should get a tonelab and a good bass di. can anyone help me make a decision?

tigerotool said:
i have a v-amp 2 and a bass v-amp. i'm looking to sell them and buy something better for recording or just jamming around with. i don't really have room for a real amp or a big foot pedal. the logical thing to do is get a line 6 pod xt and a bass pod xt. for guitar i want high gain amp modeling. but maybe i should get a tonelab and a good bass di. can anyone help me make a decision?

The Roland VS COSM pedals are good. They are the same EFX chips as in my VS1680. The chorus and delays and reverbs are as perfect as I could ever want, and the hi-gain Soldano present is almost perfect for all my hi-gain needs. But tweeking it gives me almost anything I want.

I haven't used the pedals, but they are the same chips, and they should have most of the user adjustments available. Check it out.

The Matchless preset isn't really "hi-gain", but it serves itself as a slightly cleaner and "punchier" alternative for when you are not in a solo.

I like native instruments guitar rig. I got the most incredible HUGE blues tone out of it the other day. Problem is, I can't recreate it. 1st, I had the channels split. Channel A was a mesa on vintage setting. Channel B was a tube screamer into the fender twin reverb. Then I racked up a chorus effect module and a dealy module. The thing that made the tone monstrous was the cabinets. Each channel/amp was rinning through multiple cabinets. On top of that I had the mic distance,placement, and type (condensers mixed with dynamics) just right. I almost wet myself it sounded so good. Problem is, I forgot to save it as a preset - and I wasn't sure how, since it was only the second day of messin around with the software.

well i did it. on christmas eve i went to guitar center. i sold them my j station, my v-amp 2, my bass v-amp, a boss dr-670 drum machine, and a behringer fcb1010 midi foot controller. they gave me $300 for those items. i used that money to buy a pod xt and a bass pod xt. the other $300 plus tax and extended warranty i put on my guitar card for no interest, no payment for a year. i could not be happier. 2 days later, i paid $100 bought and downloaded the max pack from the line 6 website. this unit is really insane now. i've got 72 amps to choose from. i just wish they'd come out with an update to the bass pod xt cause the interfaces are a little different now.

Back