What should I do with this song ?? [MP3 file]

tensyume

This is my very first attempt with music programs; Marvin's Room by Drake that I kinda made my own cover.

In my opinion, I really do not like the sounds at all; I dont think they go well together.

I want to change the drums (people say it's a bit techno-y..), bring out the vocal sounds, and the piano.

I've tried messing with EQ's compressors, reverbs... and everything and it doesnt get better, but worse.

I will post the mp3 file here, and please give me advice so I can learn ! Thanks.

View attachment Marvin's Room- Bryan.mp3

dude theres some really nice stuff in there...the vocals and keys are great....Id like to hear a little more presence/sparkle in the keys

the claps are awful though...record your own handclaps, bit of reverb, theyd be a million times better...that sample just ruins the whole track imo...youre own handclaps would really give it a more organic feel

for the kick EQ some of the sub out, maybe a little poke at around 1.5kHz, try setting up the compressor with a 2:1 ratio, give it an attack of around 20ms, set the threshold with a couple of dB reduction and take it from there...should give it a less woolly sound

but its a really good performance I think, just let down buy those robotic claps

the synth part could come up a little but watch the mids around 250...as they'll muddy it

if u hate it...why'd u make it? that clap thing is super loud. ur voice is the high point of the song for better or worse..altho it could use a bit more auto tweaking in rare parts

Hello,

In my opinion:

EQ the vocals, it sounds to dark. and Use compresor + manual volumen level so it can be more even.. Sometimes its a lil bit quiet.

The Drums, yes it sounds artificial, see if u can use a groove or change the sound of it..

U can add a very soft hi hat play to fill the track .

What do u think?

Cheers

Back