What PT8 Reverb for Vocals?

MaVN

My band, Good Timing >
I can not figure out a good verb for my vocals in PT8... Any tips/tricks?

Thanks!

MaVN

Plate verb. Or maybe verb just isn't in it for your vocals! Try delay set at a slap back setting somewhere around 200 with 1 repeat. Just experiment. ;)

don't use D-verb. It's recognisable and not very flattering.

If you can afford it, Altiverb is a superb investment when it comes to reverb. might be a bit too pricey though.

The Plate on the D-Verb can be quite useful I've found actually. I've just mixed a record where the vocal verb was predominantly the large plate setting on D-Verb. I'd started mixing with Large Plate on the 480L, but went back to the demo and realise the D-Verb just worked. example: fatou.bandcamp.com/album/kanou

Also the short delay is a great effect for a small echoy room. I use a day between 80-134ms but up to 200 would work... Like 'moresound' says...Just experiment.

If neither of those work try double tracking but very very tightly. You'll need a really great singer or use elastic audio... copy the vocal, tune one with autotune and mix into the untuned one. Creates a nice chorusy effect but without time delays.

yeah, the plate setting is the best of the d-verb ones, but even then if you're using it in a more prominent way then it sounds... I don't know how to describe it, ... grainy?
You can really tell when someone uses too much d-verb, it just sticks out.

Having said that, the Kanou album thing sounds nice with it. I guess because there's not much of it, and it's a relatively dry sound overall?

As a sort of very subtle filling-round effect d-verb would be fine, yes i agree.

Back