what programs do Midi tracking?

cat

Besides Cubase, what other programs can take a stereo audio signal control levels and seperate the track using MIDI. I have seen in done in Cubase VST/32 using midi explode, but we have run into too many clock problems using Cubase.

... take a stereo audio signal control levels and seperate the track using MIDI...

Uh... can you run that by us again? Are you missing punctuation?

I'm guessing you meant "take a stereo audio signal, control levels, and seperate the track using MIDI."

Are you suggesting that Cubase can take a stereo audio file and figure out what all the musical parts (assuming it is music, of course) and crunch out a number of separate MIDI tracks that represent the notes played by each instrument? I can't believe Cubase can do that...

Chuck is absolutelly right !!! :)
In case you want to know program similiar to Cubase, there's Cakewalk (SONAR, Home Studio, Guitar tracks, etc...) as it's closest competitor...

;)
Jaymz

Yes, you heard me right. We were in the studio yesterday and the engineer connected the Motif 6 to his system. All he had connected was a pair of 1/4 and 2 MIDI cables. The Motif was slaved to Cubase VST/32. He recorded an audio track and a MIDI track. Afterwards he exploded the Midi track and it opened into several Midi tracks containing all the patterns played on its own wave pattern. He then begin to mute parts out and tweak levels using Midi. The problem we ran into was the Midi clock started jumping ahead a couple bars when started and the Tempo didn't remain locked towards the end of the song. Any suggestions related to this thread would be appreciated.
I have Cakewalk HS2002 and it is not operating properly on my PC.

Afterwards he exploded the Midi track and it opened into several Midi tracks
This makes no sense. I assume he recorded several midi tracks at the same time.

Why dont you explain what you want to do?

Afterwards he exploded the Midi track and it opened into several Midi tracks containing all the patterns played on its own wave pattern.

The first part of this could make some sense... something similar to SONAR's "Split Notes to Tracks" function, perhaps?

But "played on its own wave pattern"? Now that makes no sense. Do you mean the MIDI tracks, after being "exploded out" to multiple MIDI tracks, were also rendered to audio in the same step?

He then begin to mute parts out and tweak levels using Midi.
This also doesn't quite parse. Tweaking levels via MIDI could mean tweaking the MIDI voluime of MIDI notes, or tweaking the audio levels by using a MIDI controller.

Back