what pres are you guys using in front of the delta 1010?

And to further confuse matters, when you tap the insert you're actually stealing the signal from the return contact of the mixer jack, but since you haven't broken the connection by fully inserting the jack, the send and return have the same signal present...

Ah now that makes more sense. I thought it must be something like that. Cool! I find it really difficult to use something without knowing how it works ... it's why I'm a bit of a nerd I guess :(

Thanks for your help guys!!

MOFO Pro said:
Just to clarify... tapping the insert defeats the "insert" capability of the jack. There's no return to the desk...

I have the inserts of my board connected to a Behringer patchbay in normalled mode, I can tap the send without interupting the signal flow, and the TRS is still plugged all the way into the insert. If I want to I can also use the return side on the patchbay as an input to the channel. I'm not sure if that makes it pre or post gain, EQ etc.

It'll probably be pre-EQ, pan and fade. That patchbay plan is a good one, as long as unbalanced cabling isn't a problem!

I route my inserts to a normalized bay... works out quite well...

And in most cases the insert is pre... but it depends on the model... some are post...

Back