What preamp for me

abm123

Alright i will be using the m-audio delta 1010lt card with sonar 3 and i need a good preamp to record drums. The mixer will most likely be the ub-2222 from behringer. I need to record full drum sets and will need alot of preamp channels. I know the mixer and card have a few but i heard that they are not that great. I was originally looking at the Dmp3 but it only has 2 channels. then i heard about the 8 track ada8000 from behringer but isn't that pre intended for use with a digital mixer? Which of those 2 will give a better sound becuase i dont want to sacrifice quallity for quantity. I will be recording at 24 bit and up to 96 khz with sonar.

yeah i can spend about 200 on a preamp. Will that ada8000 do the job with high quality sound and all?

At $25/channel, yeah, you're sacrificing quality.

Not to mention $200 bucks.

Keep saving.

well is it bad quality or just not incredible. what would be a better choice for a 4 channel preamp because the delta 1010lt has 2 built in?

If your budget is really only $200 for 4 or more preamps, your best bet might be a little Mackie or Soundcraft mixer.

abm123 said:
Alright i will be using the m-audio delta 1010lt card with sonar 3 and i need a good preamp to record drums. The mixer will most likely be the ub-2222 from behringer.

It has 8 preamps. Cost: $0. ;)

Save the $200 for something else. Or spend some of it to get an Yamaha MG16, which probably is a safer bet.

No. Buy the Yamaha mixer and get some studio monitors. For studio monitors the Wharedale 8.2a are the to go for the money. I'm selling them to everyone here for only $275.00 a pair. I just sold a pair to Nik D and Masive Mastering has some.

Back