What pre amp should i try and get for DIRT cheap like 50 -75 bones

Forenzikks

Ok I need a pre amp but I have no clue what one to get as I know nothing about hardware.......Could I get a beater radio shack mixer for 50 ......I just need something to help out my vocals and make em stronger sounding and I know radio shack is not good ut thats about all I got unless I get lucky and some pawn shop has a good name brand pre amp used....peace

I use an ART tube pre I get a good sound with it.I think they are very close to your price range.I would suggest staying away from the Radio Shack unless you need some batteries or one of those remote controled dune buggies.

Ok, im on my way to Guitar Center.....New Orleans GC has 4 left....at least one is mine......

I found this one

dbx - Mini-Pre Tube Mic Preamp (DMINIPREX) 

[Tell a friend about this item]

The Mini-Pre takes the classic dbx Tube Microphone Preamp sound and puts it in an easy to use, compact, affordable package. With the new dbx Mini-Pre Vacuum Tube Microphone Preamp you will no longer need to compromise tone for affordability. Classic dbx Tube Microphone Preamp tone, portability and affordability are the hallmarks of this new microphone preamp from dbx. From its road-worthy construction, to its professional features, such as a hand- selected 12AX7a vacuum tube to add warmth and tone to any microphone signal, selectable 48 volt phantom power, -20 dB Pad and Phase reverse switch, the new Vacuum Tube Mini-Pre has the features that you would expect from any other professional studio microphone preamp, at a price that would have been unthinkable just a few years ago.
Features: Single channel tube microphone preamp. Hand selected 12AX7 vacuum tube. 60 dB gain and +/-15 dB of output level. XLR microphone input. Balanced 1/4" TRS line input. Balanced 1/4" TRS and XLR outputs. Selectable +48 volt phantom power. -20 dB Pad. Phase reverse switch. Peak LED.

This is at www.samash.com

Attachments

• dminiprex.jpg
    dminiprex.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 62
Another one... tell me when to stop...

for 89$ the one above is 99$

The Tube MP is a tube
mircrophone preamp that offers
a superb level of sound
quality, using a special tube
and integrated circuit design
combined with a straightforward
user interface to quickly and
easily access all of its many
features. The main application
of the Tube MP is as a microphone preamplifier but you
can use it to interface any
instrument directly to a
console, amplifier, signal
processor or recorder or it can
be used a direct box,
particularly for bass guitar.

Attachments

• amicpre.jpg
    amicpre.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 57
Im back...just picked up 2 of the VC3Q's....Alan Hyatt would be proud of me.....

Gidge
Please tell me what you think of the "Meek sound".The conventional wisdom I have heard about these units is that they are sweet but do impart a distinctive tonality to the mix.What do your ears tell you?
Tom

Man...if I didn't live just west of bumblefuck I'd be all over this deal. Closest GC is about 200 miles.

Anybody want to hook me up with that Meek sound?

Back