What no one uses a Minidisc anymore?

Still do!

Yep, I still use 'em. I use an MD-8 and my band is getting ready to go back into the studio and record on it again. Minidisc all the way!!!

Minidisc is compressed, you have to swap media....and well...there are so many better options now. ...That being said...old habits die hard..I can name 5 bands who I see carrying MDs to patch from the board during concerts for rehearsals sake.

I used an MD 8 for several years, even recorded a CD with it, and it finally bit the dust last year. the laser needed to be adjusted and it cost more than it was worth so I sold it to Guitar center for $400.00(and that's a good price for one!) also, the MD discs were getting nearly impossible to find and the failure of some of those discs for no reason were part of the reasons I got rid of mine.

I then bought a Fostex VF160ex for half the price of the MD recorder I bought 8 years ago! The sound quality blew the MD's ass out of the water and it was much less of a headache when it came to mixing and mastering because of that. what's more, all the onboard effects and internal CD burner made it just about as complete as I'll ever need so there's no turning back to MD for me!

Back