What monitors to buy, if there is any point spending the money...

Richie2708

Dis Member
Alesis M1 Active Mkii monitors are the Monitors I am considering, but my small homestudio is an 3 metre wide Octagonal Summerhouse, so I'm not sure whether these would help.

Any advice, apart from the obvious, move the studio. Its the only room available at the moment :(.

I've carpeted the room, added curtains furniture, even carpeted some of the walls to soften the area. So I think I have achieved the most I can from the space. Just am unsure whether I would benefit using reference monitors in the room or not.

Steve

my small homestudio is an 3 metre wide Octagonal Summerhouse,
Steve

Now thats interesting, You may find that the octagonal shape really helps with bass problems due to there being on 90deg corners, the only issue will be that there are parallel surfaces equal distance from each other. By treating the back and side walls this room could be very usable.

Alan.

Now thats interesting, You may find that the octagonal shape really helps with bass problems due to there being on 90deg corners, the only issue will be that there are parallel surfaces equal distance from each other. By treating the back and side walls this room could be very usable.

Alan.

So far I have to admit, recording wise its offered no problems. I have noticed a little natural reverb, but nothing that doesn't aid the recording. I used to use my main hifi at home, and that always gave me very good consistent results when it came to mastering. Space is the only issue for me now.

Back