What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
I just resurrected some old RatShack 'Minimus7 to do a 'little speaker ref against the SPTechs. Hmm. Different curve ('mid forward), prompted a bit more compression for most of the finals I'm working on vs on the main speakers.
Haven't tried 'really small in a while, kinda like it. :)

I use passive 1980's Sony 10" stereo speakers. Surprisingly, they're very true sounding and my mixes translate really well to other speakers

Superlux HD681 Studio Headphones -

dynamic, semi-open, 98dB SPL, 32ohms, 10Hz-30kHz, 300mW, 2.5m cable, 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, includes 1/4" jack adaptor. Weight excluding cable: 220g

I got these because of the specification. $27.

Waiting for my AKAI RMP3's to come.

Wharfedale Diamond 8.2s. They have a bad rep amongst some on here but suit my needs. Would like some KRK RP6s one day but there's an awful lot of stuff I'd like 'one day'. Quite happy with my AKG K271 headphones :)

I use passive 1980's Sony 10" stereo speakers. Surprisingly, they're very true sounding and my mixes translate really well to other speakers

Another vote for the 80s speaker camp! :D

I just picked up a third pair of KEF C20s for < $56 US. I've been using the C Series as hi-fi speakers since around 1987, so they're sort of a reference system for me.

In the homewood band studio - Some speakers built with Dayton Reference drivers from parts express. While they sound GREAT playing just about anything... well... they sound GREAT playing just about anything - which means a poor mix. Poor room as well.

Here I'm building a monitor setup using some pioneer rev 6.5" car audio components and a sundown 8" sub. Obviously not totally optimal, but the sub goes low with a great response and the component set is very clear... in regards to frequency response, i "like" the sound, which means there is probably too much bass and too much above 5khz :)

Hi all!! HS50 user here. And I'm looking forward to upgrade my monitors to HS80. BUT KRK also interests me. ;)

I have a pair of un-powered "sonics" speakers, they're made by the company in the late 70's they've been long gone though. Sound awesome. I got a pair of KRKs rokits 8s paired up with them, though I haven't plugged the rokits in, in months.

Back