What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
HelLo to everyone here. I'm new here and I like it cause here I can find almost all the answers to my questions.

For now I'm using JBL LSR 2328P as my studio monitors. I'm not very happy with them so I hope to change them soon with an M-audio model.

i'm looking into getting some Wharfedales 8.2's very soon.....I hope they are as good as the reviews I read. I have not heard for myself yet.

You like the Event 20/20 BAS monitors better than the Rokit 5's 2G - I just got a set of Rokits but thinking of getting something a little bigger

ive got a cheaper pair of fostex 4.0's. not too bad for the price (got em with my firepod). hoping to upgrade krk 6's or 8's eventually (aka in a few months to a year)

Honestly, for Mastering...

I basically use any speakers that are really low quality. I am of the school of thought that if it sounds good on shitty speakers it will sound excellent on good ones. I am not one of those who uses headphones 4 mastering.

Currently have the M-Audio Studiophile AV40s, though they're a temporary placement as I'm looking to get a pair of KRK rokit 5, Alesis m1 Active mk2, or the JBL LSR series. But I'm not looking into those ATM.

I'm shopping for active monitors, and was interested in these poll results. I was leaning towards either the Alesis M1 MKII or Behringer Truth, but after seeing the number of folks with KRK, I took a look at their Rokit RP-6 G2's.

Should I assume that the poll results are based upon factors other than price point? Like frequency response, clarity, depth, quality of components, etc.? It seems it's difficult to find a lot of reviews of Rokits, unlike Alesis or Behringer. The reviews for these other brands are generally good, although the "fake" bass from Alesis and the poor component quality of Behringer gives me pause...

From what I've read, it seems that the choice of studio monitors is really unimportant, once you "learn" what you've got. But since I'm new to mixing, I'd like to get a good value for my limited dollars, that will point me in the right direction until I can train my ears!

Thanks!

-Bruce

the polls are old

I got the KRK rokit powered 6 G2 after hearing the 5, 6, and 8 G2 in person

I love them. They make mixing easier FOR ME. I still have to learn them more tho.

Some people might agree, some not, but If we spend more time on the music then the equipment then the magic starts to happen

Thanks so much for your opinion/experience...I appreciate it. I know I'd be best-served if I could spring for the HS80M's, but they're just a little beyond what I can invest in equipment at the moment.

-Bruce

Get the 6's and start the mixing! The longer you wait the more you will regret waiting when you get to hear your favorite music coming out them. If you on a budget they are great for home recording.

studiospares SN10 driven by an Alesis RA150 and Celestion F30 driven by a 40W valve amp (my HiFi). The SN10s are quite good to mix on once you get used to what they sound like, sort of like the NS10s.

im just upgrading from 5" woofers, interesting to see how many use the event 20/20's in some variation..I hadnt really heard of them but nearly bought a set on fleabay..theyre pretty old but get good write ups..went with krk G2 rp8s though, just the right price and quality for where I am just now, and I may add a sub in the near future which isnt so much of an option with the 20/20s

hope this is my last upgrade for a while as the credit cards taken a hit over the last few weeks :eek:

how do u like the 8's??? I went with the 6's after hearing the 8's and 6's side by side, I had the money for the 8's and the krk sub in my pocket but for some reason, because of my ears, I went with the 6's??? And they red!

how do u like the 8's??? I went with the 6's after hearing the 8's and 6's side by side, I had the money for the 8's and the krk sub in my pocket but for some reason, because of my ears, I went with the 6's??? And they red!

I have 5" monitors as is and i want something for a bigger room...I havent done any mixing on them as Im picking them up this afternoon....they have to do me for a while so Im hoping with the sub Ill be covered

Ive listened to them both, and a few others...but outside of the environment you work in you cant really tell how well they'll perform...they do seem to have the bass covered better than the 6's, but again hard to tell in a shop

Im happy with black though :D

I have 5" monitors as is and i want something for a bigger room...I havent done any mixing on them as Im picking them up this afternoon....they have to do me for a while so Im hoping with the sub Ill be covered

Ive listened to them both, and a few others...but outside of the environment you work in you cant really tell how well they'll perform...they do seem to have the bass covered better than the 6's, but again hard to tell in a shop

Im happy with black though :D

my buddy has the rokit 5s and the rokit sub and it literally shakes the house without being cranked up much

Back