what mixer?

brainofj

I am looking to buy a mixer to use with my pc and audiophile soundcard. I want a mixer that has a S/PDIF out put as well as analog outs. This is only a home studio type set up so obviously i dont want to spend too much cash, but of course would like something that would work well with my soundcard. Price range i am looking at up to 350-400 uk pounds. I had a look at Behringer mixers that were about 250-300 pounds the SL2442FX PRO but dont think it has a S/PDIF out? Are Behringer mixers any good? Can anyone give me any advice on a good choice of mixer?

Take a look at the Soundcraft M series mixers. Much better than behringer, AND they have S/PDIF outputs.

Hope that helps.

Also consider buying whatever mixer suits your needs, and then add a stand-alone S/PDIF converter.

For $149 you can get an ART Di/o which is an A/D, D/A converter on S/PDIF,

or $199, you get a TC Electronics M300 processor which is an effects unit, but has true bypass and does S/PDIF conversion.

I was going the route you are too, but determined it was cheaper and more flexible this way. The M series SOundcraft mixers ahve S/PDIF, but if you look at equivalent mixers without S/PDIF you will see you are paying a lot of money for that one function, more money than you would spend if you were too get an external device.

I use a Yamaha MG 16/4 mixer, and route two outputs through the TC Electronics M300, and use its S/PDIF out to go to my Audiophile 2496 card, thus I get 4-inputs to the AP2496 (two on RCA, two on S/PDIF)

Back