What microphone is in this picture?

policenauts03

feist1.jpg

The singer is Leslie Feist... thanks so much!

It's probably a Shure SM58 on her voice, but it's hard to tell with the windscreen on it.

The mic on her guitar looks like a Beyer M201, though it seems a bit longer than the one I have.

Thanks MadAudio, I was referring to the instrument mic... I was also thinking Beyer, but I wasn't sure. What could it mean if the one in the picture was longer?

policenauts03 said:
Thanks MadAudio, I was referring to the instrument mic... I was also thinking Beyer, but I wasn't sure. What could it mean if the one in the picture was longer?
That it's a different mic than the M201?

Maybe a different capsule ?
I don't really know the Beyer M201 so maybe you can't even replace the capsules...

It's just a quess.

size has nothing to do with it.....:)

at first glance I thought 201 too...but I really dont think that is the case...not sure what it is though...

Attachments

• m201.JPG
    m201.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 250
I'm thinking AKG as well, though the capsule looks like it concave on the sides. I'm not familiar with that. Can't explain the white stripe either. Definately an AKG mic clip. Maybe a 451 with some obscure capsule.

Then again, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, and its just a regular 451, w/ CK1 and a strip of white tape.

c451-1.jpg

AKG C451 for my money ... white gaffer tape probably just for distinguishing from others in a live rig ... my five Sennheiser E845s each have something on them to identify them from the back of the venue!! :)

And just for reference, the finish on her vocal mic is a dead giveaway that it is a Shure Beta series, not one of the regular SM's. Most likely a Beta 58, but possibly a Beta 57. The foam windscreen makes it impossible to tell the shape of the grille.

Back