What Mic Are They Using?

juan162

OK, I bet I'll get alot of flack for admitting it, but I've been watching clash of the choirs on TV. They have 4-6 LDC mics on stands in different configurations, depending on the performance. Does anybody know what mics they are?

Juan

Well, the camera work really made it hard to see much of anything, except for a lot of very short dresses; that, they got clear. If I had to guess, they look like Audio Technica mics, one of their 40xx series.

Thanks for the reply. I tried to search their site for an answer but came up with nothing. I figured that on a show like that, on a major network, they would use some crazy, high priced mics to do the job. A show like that must be a mic'ing nightmare. I do have to say that when the choruses were set up well (for mic'ing purposes) I thought the sound was good.

Juan

Thanks for the reply. I tried to search their site for an answer but came up with nothing. I figured that on a show like that, on a major network, they would use some crazy, high priced mics to do the job. A show like that must be a mic'ing nightmare. I do have to say that when the choruses were set up well (for mic'ing purposes) I thought the sound was good.

Juan
The Audio Technica stuff is really good. A lot of pro studios have a couple of AT4033/AT4040/AT4050/AT4060's that they use. Those are really a "use it on anything" kind of mic.

I hear you on the AT mics. I know they get a whole lotta love on this forum. I haven't got any yet, but I definitely will be trying some of them out. I'm especially interested in the AT4050. With all the patterns, it seems like a good 'all arounder.'

Juan

Back