What kinda .wav to mix down to...?

Chris Fallen

Cool Edit Pro 2 had about 10 different types of wavs... Which one should I mix down to? What're the differences?

Mixdown format is set in you preferences. I suggest mixing down to '32 bit' Windows PCM, and saving as 24 bit Windows PCM

Meshuggah said:
I suggest mixing down to '32 bit' Windows PCM, and saving as 24 bit Windows PCM
Well for CD-burning this is not advisable, is it? ;)

Agree with Stealthtech & SPINSTERWUN.

If your main goal is Audio CD, save it to 16 bit 44 KHz. You have an option to save to 24 bit wave data ONLY if you are sure want to send it to mastering house.

Im not sure what your options are but i always mixdown to a 24bit/44.1 file first(N-Track)........do any editing needed and save it again at 24/44.1.....bring it to Goldwave and save as 16/44.1.....

yes you will need it at 16/44.1 to burn a CD, but you still always want a copy of it in its highest audio quality possible.....

I don't mean the 16/44.1 thing, I mean when I have 'save mixdown as...' and then there are like, tons of different wavs to save as in the dropdown menu. Each one I can set characterists for 16/44.1, but they all have different names, like ASHE wav, and stuff like that. That one's not actually a selection, but you get the idea.

Back