what kinda cable?

deadleafecho

Im looking to replace almost all of my studio cables , as well as my mic and guitar cable. So im looking at www.markertek.com and im trying to figure out if i could use the guitar cable with rca connectors, IE for connections to/from my sound card and from my mixer to monitors. Also im curious if i can use this cable for other things, like patching between pre/compressors/efx
i guess im asking what cable i should use for patch cables.....

hahahaha

lmao :D don't be a jerk man.....

Invest in some good quality monster cables... and once you get them

TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM

I've seen too many cables destroyed buy the infamous yank it stuff it method... Rap it up for god sakes! .... Wait a minute :S lol

Maybe you dont understand the question =D Im wondering cable to BUY TO MAKE MY OWN PATCH CABLES.
If i wanted to blow my money on overpriced shit , id buy monster cables. In fact, i own a few! id rather start making my own.....
Sigh maybe ill post this elsewhere..

deadleafecho said:
Maybe you dont understand the question =D Im wondering cable to BUY TO MAKE MY OWN PATCH CABLES.

Although my answer could have been perceived as being a smart aleck reply it still stands. Use PATCH CABLE.

You didn't ask for brands you asked for types. There is only one type of cable used for line level patch cables and it is called patch cable. Instrument cable is not patch cable. Nor is speaker cable. But patch cable is patch cable and oddly enough balanced patch cable is pretty much the same as mic cable. The only real differences will be balanced (3 conductor) or unbalanced (2 conductor).

If you would like to be more specific with your question then you can get more specific answers.

Heh well no offense meant and none taken, i know how annoying those non specific questions are, I guess you did answer my question it just didnt make any sense without you explaining it 8)

If you wanna talk brands , i looked at canare.....here http://www.markertek.com/MTStore/list.cfm?Manufacturer=Canare

and there here for guitar cable http://www.markertek.com/MTStore/product.CFM?BaseItem=GS-6+BK
And actually i THOUGHT i knew what to get for mic cable, but now im confused....I saw this http://www.markertek.com/MTStore/product.CFM?BaseItem=L-4E6S+BK
But wouldnt balanced mic cable be 3 conducter? is there such a thing? i only see 2 and 4 conductor listed.
Obviously im pretty clueless about this, so any help is appreciated. And i still dont know what kind of cable to buy for connecting to mixer/soundcard/stuff.......
i drudged through search to try and find some info on this, is there a newb site that explains this well?

D

The 4 conductor is Quad cable which I haven't really gotten into so I can't say how you're supposed to wire it up. Supposedly it is better than the usual 3 conductor.

Mogami, Canare, Blue, Monster, Horizon and ProCo all sell bulk cable and have different levels of price/quality. The higher quality Horizon and ProCo are good but some prefer the 'boutique' brands.

I hate that markertek site and can never really find what I'm looking for on there. There have been a few threads about this so you might try a search if nobody gives you any better info.

from what i've been told, quad cable is better at RF noise rejection, but does NOT sound better. It may even sound worse.

Two conductor plus shield, or four conductor plus shield. The four conductor is wired with two conductors each on pins 2 and 3. This gives a more copper for the amount of insulation used.

You want to use Mogami 2534, with the metal Neutrik ends. You can get them here:

http://proaudiodesign.com/parts_cables/bulkcable.php3

Oh yeah, and stop cross posting, please.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

thanks for the info....
Light said:

Oh yeah, and stop cross posting, please.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

But eat me, thats the only time i ever cross posted that i can remember, and its not like i was ever offtopic really....

8=D

deadleafecho said:
thanks for the info....

But eat me, thats the only time i ever cross posted that i can remember, and its not like i was ever offtopic really....

I was just asking.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

Back