what kind of snare is this?

kidkage

Bored of Canada
A friend was selling off a kit that I middle-manned the deal on. I set him up with the guy who is buying it.
I was offered commission which I didn't take since I feel it's my duty to my fellow musicians. Do unto others and shit.

He had two snares apparently.
The black Pearl snare that came with the kit... and "another snare. a metal ludwig. you can keep it or give it to him or whatever"

IMG_1942.JPGIMG_1943.JPGIMG_1944.JPGIMG_1945.JPG

A Ludwig obviously.
I've researched a bit on the logo and it's apparently 1979-
My searches keep bringing up Acrolites and Supraphonics... Did I luck the f**k out and end up with a supraphonic?!:eek:
Or am I wrong and it's neither, but a lesser know Ludwig model?

Either way it sounds incredible!

Looks like a Supra. Acrolites don't usually have the chromed finish - that I'm aware of. Yup, I'd say you probably lucked into a Supraphonic, unless it's a cheaper steel shell model that just looks like a Supra. Probably a Supra though. The lugs, bead, throw-off, hoops, and bearing edge all look like a Supraphonic. Nice score. :)

Please for the love of God take that built-in muffle thing off of it.
IF he leaves it loose, it will fall out on it's own.

I don't mind the thing being there, it comes in handy when you want that dead 70's sound. It's more adjustable than moon gels when you want some ring, but not THAT much.

IF he leaves it loose, it will fall out on it's own.

I don't mind the thing being there, it comes in handy when you want that dead 70's sound. It's more adjustable than moon gels when you want some ring, but not THAT much.

I used to have a maple Ludwig snare with one of those on it. I hated that thing.

Please for the love of God take that built-in muffle thing off of it.
Looks to be in pristine shape!

That muffle thing is pretty hard to turn.
That's the only issue.
I'll look into it when I change the heads.

It doesn't sound that dead though. Even with that old head that has a muffle thing on it too.
"Dry", but not what my others turn into after some old heads and moon gel.
I can't wait to see how it sounds with new heads and snare strand!

Back