What kind of capacitor is this?

needledrop

Channel one on my tascam m-30 isnt working. I opened it up and found this capacitor blown, but I'm not sure exactly what i should get to replace it or where?
I took it around The city today and noone had one.
I know theres alot of different types of capacitors so maybe someone could help me out and tell me exactly what i should be looking for. Looks like im going to have to get it online, anybody have any good links?
THX

see pic attached

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 42
Thanks alot.
I'll try a different RS
I went into my local radio shack today, the 3 capacitor drawers had about 5 pieces in it and the employees were racing remote control cars through the store.
Doubt they even know what a capicitor is.........sundays!

Radio Shack has become useless for this sort of thing. They are trying to sell RC cars, telephones, batteries, TVs, satellite systems, etc...

Going in there to try to find electronic parts is like going to Burger King for pie.

Yep, 10 microfarad, 25 volt electrolytic is what it is... and the link to the RS part Ghost provided is what you want. You can always go up in voltage to the stock part and modern caps are generally smaller in size for the same or greater rating.

:)

Thanks Beck.
I kinda thought going up a little in voltage was ok, but I wasnt positive.
This will definately increase my possibilities of a RS find.

Cant you order those through digikey.com

And if you have problems with the channel strip after you fix that cap let me know I may be able to help you out with another strip.;)

Radio Shack has become useless for this sort of thing. They are trying to sell RC cars, telephones, batteries, TVs, satellite systems, etc...

Going in there to try to find electronic parts is like going to Burger King for pie.

No (or very little) parts in there anymore. I'm glad there is a fairly kick ass electronics parts place down the road.:D

Back