Thoughts? :confused:

I kind of dig the 'humor', yet this "product" freaks me out:
:D

Attachments

• is_isnt.jpg
    is_isnt.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 88
heh heh :D
funny or not, but seriously, what is this? I, mean, I was looking at that "product page" for a few minutes finding myself slowly drifting into the state of uncontrollable trance, luckily at the critical point I've managed to slip the cursor to the upper-right pole of the screen and click on "X". :o:p:D

I don't know how to classify this. A joke? or what? :)

WHAT IT IS NOT:

A very helpful or descriptive web site.
An effective way to advertise a forthcoming product

WHAT IT IS:

A waste of my time.
Something to blow smoke about on this forum.

What it is not:
Anything Made By A Company Not Now In Business Making Open Reel Tape

guess, not, then :)

So we can read it...

"Not anything Made By A Company Not Now In Business Making Open Reel Tape." (Is that a sentence?)

What if the second "not" is a typo?

If not (no pun intended) the only 1.5 mil backcoated tape, 1250 ft. on 7" reel that I know of is BASF/EMTEC SM 468. Everything else is 1200 ft. on 7" reel, including RMGI SM 468. Of course if it (whatever it is) was originally 2500 ft on 10.5" reel they could have spooled it off roughly half-n-half onto 7" reels. So, it could be anything.

Could be RMGI seconds made from the outside edges of the sheet during slitting, like Ampex/Quantegy used to do, which they sold as model 031 in plain white boxes.

I have a fever... I'm going back to bed.

:)

Bloody Bananas! :)

ok, guys , thank You for investigative thinking :)

So we can read it...

"Not anything Made By A Company Not Now In Business Making Open Reel Tape." (Is that a sentence?)

What if the second "not" is a typo?

:)
huh! how about this:
"Not Now In Business Making" = In Business of Making but Not Now.
heh heh ... It's here but not Now. Relativity, Sir, Relativity! :p:D

Good thinking, Tim:
"...if it (whatever it is) was originally 2500 ft on 10.5" reel they could have spooled it off roughly half-n-half onto 7" reels. So, it could be anything."
Oh! This makes sense. :) Half of a pancake:

Attachments

• bloody bananas.jpg
    bloody bananas.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 58
It isn't April 1st so it can't be April Fool's ...so .... I dunno....:confused:

......but nevertheless.....:D:D:D:D

---

wow. So I take it USRecording is not th eplace to buy my tape?

USRecording Media is a fine vendor. I've used them on a couple of occasions and I have no complaints at all. I recommend them.

This little mystery comes with full disclosure y'know? They tell you there may be problems. "Buyer beware" and all that.

Now, if it was tapeandtape, they would tell you about the potential backing and oxide issues...:D:eek:...just presenting that for contrast.

the only thing it can be is bad RMGI tape ... hopefully this means that the quality on the regular RMG tape will be more consistent now

us recording is probably not allowed to sell it labelled as RMGI so they are doing this to let us know what it is without actually saying it

ATR does not make tape on 7" reels and i don't think Zonal makes tapes anymore

I kind of have a feeling that it may be half(s) of this pancake(s): http://www.usrecordingmedia.com/atrmastmata11.html, that were rejected for quality but yet still maybe usefull (hmmm, I guess :confused:).
maybe not.
We shall see how "inexpensive" this stuff will be.

Does anybody have an idea how exactly tape "inperfections" are being detected during(or after??) manufacturing process? Just curious.

i don't know the process, but the RMG tape is not consistent. they have been good about replacing the bad stuff and their tape sounds GREAT, so I will be supporting them and buying more.

but i think that they have not perfected their formula or quality control. some tapes play through perfectly and others have drop outs and things happening very quickly and more than usual shedding

After looking around at that page again, I'm wondering if it is ATR tape.:confused: At the bottom is:

X-GPUDSMATR-2020

I see ATR towards the end. Coincidence?:confused: I just wonder how flaky the tape is going to be in regards to sound quality. I guess if a 1/4" reel sells for something like $10, I might try it.:p

Back