What is this Squeeeeeling??!

Hegs

Hey there, I need some help! I have a studio projects B1 condesnsor which i run through an Alesis io2 USB interface into my pretty powerful windows pc laptop, running sony acid 7. I am getting these crazy squealing, rumbling and popping noises coming from my microphone. The occur intermittantly, sometimes the mic works fine. The sounds occur reglardless of whether i am recording or not, and it only happens with this mic, not my others.

any ideas?? thanks!

sound: Ballz by user6706663 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

At first I thought that it could be feedback, but then I remembered that I've had same experience with one mic.
This could happen with poor phantom power source or the mic could be damaged and it could take some time to function properly (15 minutes or so.). Try finding a quality preamp and see, if that works better...

Okay, now I saw that you posted audio clip also. :D Could be humidity. Put the mic under a light bulb for a half hour to vaporize the humidity - should be okay then.

Back